Call: 2016 (Victoria)
Nick practises in commercial, insolvency, admiralty and maritime, insurance and private international law. He is recognised in Doyle’s Guide as a leading junior counsel in Transportation.
Nick is a member of Quayside Chambers in Perth and is an interstate member of the Victorian Bar.
Before coming to the Bar, Nick worked in the chambers of the Honourable Chief Justice Allsop of the Federal Court in the role of NCF Registrar and Admiralty Marshal.
Matters in which Nick has been briefed include:
- Hurley v Collector of Customs  FCAFC 92 (application for special leave refused) (led by Paul Edgar)
- Riseley v Suncorp Portfolio Services Ltd  FCAFC 8
- Kipoi Holdings Mauritius Ltd v Tiger Resources Ltd (Subject to Deed of Company Arrangement)  WASCA 186 and  WASCA 194 (led by Stewart Maiden SC)
- Swashplate Pty Ltd v Liberty Mutual Insurance Company t/as Liberty International Underwriters  FCAFC 137 (led by Nicholas Owens SC)
- Zetta Jet Pte Ltd v The Ship "Dragon Pearl"  FCAFC 132 (application for special leave refused) and  FCAFC 99 (led by Angus Stewart SC)
- Knights Quest Pty Ltd v Daiwa Can Company  VSCA 349 (led by Ron Merkel QC)
- Muto v Shepparton City Council  VSCA 73 (led by Jeremy Twigg QC)
- Adam Bernard Preiner in capacity as liquidator of Rockway Pty Ltd (in liq) in its own capacity and in its capacity as the former trustee of the Zambia Trust -v- Structrite Pty Ltd as trustee for the Zambia Trust [No 2]  WASC 355
- Yelland Security Pty Ltd v Plus Architecture International Pty Ltd  VSC 416 (led by Stewart Maiden QC)
- Guardian Offshore AU Pty Ltd v Saab Seaeye Leopard 1702  FCA 273 (led by Ed Cox SC)
- Mannassen Foods v Seaway Logistics  VSC 835 (led by Matthew Harvey SC)
- In the matter of Senvion Gmbh  FCA 1124, (No 2)  FCA 1732; (2019) 140 ACSR 20 and (No 3)  FCA 1348 (led by Stewart Maiden QC)
- King (Trustee), in the matter of Zetta Jet Pte Ltd v Linkage Access Limited  FCA 1979 (led by Angus Stewart SC)
- Technology Swiss Pty Ltd v Famous Pacific Shipping (Vic) Pty Ltd  VCC 1542
- Re Buddy Technologies Ltd; Ex Parte Buddy Technologies Ltd  WASC 98
- Re Story-I Ltd; Ex Parte Story-I Ltd  WASC 211
- Re Sportshero Ltd; Ex Parte Sportshero Ltd  WASC 108
Nick holds a Juris Doctor from the University of Melbourne and a Bachelor of Arts with Honours from the University of Western Australia.
Nick read with Rob Craig SC.